Internet of Things with LogicMachine
Example: Internet of Things with LogicMachine
The Internet of Things (IoT) is the interconnection of uniquely identifiable embedded computing devices within the existing Internet infrastructure. Up to now most of the things we rely on in our daily life and business, like machines, sensors, appliances, shopping carts, need to be run with human intelligence in order for them to function well. This is changing very fast now as IoT enables enhanced way of working and living by equipping things with brain.
IoT = Smart home + wearable electronics+ smart things + smart sensors
IoT consists of things which are interconnected through Internet enabling greater computing capabilities and using data analytics to extract meaningful information.
What is happening on the market?
Nowadays there is a huge influence of money in what we call automation:
- intelligent (distributed) energy
- internet machines
- smart machines
Why “Internet Machines”?
Here keyword is Internet – for more than 20 years after the last economic crisis the growth driver of the global economy is Internet and related products and technologies. And now it is decided to build another Internet, but this time Machines not Human. You would ask Why? Because now the count of people is much less than machines! It is a tremendous market for economics with huge capacity.
- Environmental monitoring
- Infrastructure management
- Industrial applications
- Energy management
- Medical and Healthcare system
- Building and Home automation
- Transport systems
- Large scale deployments
E.g. by integrating energy consuming devices like bulbs, power outlets, televisions etc. in IoT, it is possible to make them communicate with the utility company in order to effectively balance power generation and supply.
E.g. the equipment in a factory is able to share the data with the cloud. The company can improve its operations by analyzing this received information.
LogicMachine is IoT ready ecosystem
- It connects now smart home with wearable electronics, smart things and sensors
- It is doing different protocol and standard convergence, perform gateway functionality
- Cloud systems servers are already inside LM
- Initially we planned it would work only on powerful platforms, but now we run LogicMachine software on weak devices as well – 16MB RAM, 64MB flash
- It supports replication, clusterization
- Our solution is not as a set of devices like LogicMachine4 or Re:actor, but OS for different porting possibilities on different HW platforms like Intel NUC or Android devices
Fight of devices VS Fight of ecosystems
- On the automation market now is fight of devices. It is like with mobile phones previously – E.g. Nokia – phone, where you couldnt add anything. They lost fight of ecosystem and problem was not in touch-screen.. They lost when competition arise on level of ecosystems. They couldn’t make this.
- Next will follow fight of ecosystems (developers, hardware, IT systems). It is like Apple fights Android (ecosystem fight)
With LogicMachine we have made this ecosystem
- Our idea was to make the system as OS – software + hardware which provides that software can be installed on different platforms from small to mainframes, supports different protocols on driver level (like in normal OS) and have clear system of development and app management. The device is made so that it is clear with basic knowledge and you can create quite cool apps.
- We provide all instruments – SDK, docs – so the external developers can write drivers and apps by themselves
- App store is ready for applications, drivers, functions, designs etc. of LogicMachine